In the first Adventure at Camp Pootie-Cho, the campers have to master a tough race full of obstacles. So, this month we’ll celebrate “Better Together” with fun activities that teach kids about teamwork. Let’s start this week with a fun indoor obstacle that can easily be taken outdoors.
Please consider your space and the kids’ age/ability, when constructing obstacles. Split the kids into at least two teams and give them between 5 and 10 activities to complete. Place a pair from each team at each activity station. Teammates must complete one station before the other teammates can start the next one. The kids can race side-by-side or they can race the clock.
- Wheelbarrow Race- one person walks on their hands while the other person holds their feet. Race from one point to the next.
- Bean Bag Toss- one person stands on a marked spot and holds a bowl, while the other person tries to toss the bean bag into the bowl. The person holding the bowl can move the bowl, but cannot move their feet from the marked spot
- Balloon Race- two people stand back-to-back with a balloon (or beachball) in between them. They race from one spot to the next.
- Human Ring Toss- one person stands on a marked spot. The other person must toss 2 hula hoops around the other person.
- Piggyback Race- one person places the other person on their back and races from one spot to the next.
- Kickball- teammates stand across from one another and kick a ball back and forth while gradually moving from the section’s start to finish line.
- Spoon Race (Egg or Small Ball)- one person stands at start line. The other person stands halfway between start and finish. Each person places a spoon in their mouth. The first person races to the next person with the egg (or a small ball) in the spoon. transfer the egg (or small ball) to the next person and race to the section’s finish line.
- Ball Toss- teammates stand across from one another and toss a ball back and forth while gradually moving from the section’s start to finish line.
- Three Legged Race- stand next to your partner with your inner legs tied to your partners. Race to the section’s finish line.
- Arrange Letters- Give the team a post card with a clue to a word. The pair has to arrange whatever letters that are lying on the ground into that word.