In “Better Together,” the campers have to rely on each other to make it to the finish line. This week’s activity reinforces the trust, communication and effective listening that’s needed to create a strong team. Minefield is an activity taken from Wrike.com. Try this activity with at least two people.
Time: 15 – 30 minutes
Number of Participants: 2 – 10 people (even numbers)
Tools Needed: Various handheld objects, several blindfolds, a timer (if you choose to race the clock).
- Find an open space such as an empty parking lot or a park.
- Place the objects (cones, balls, bottles, etc.) sporadically across the open space.
- Have everyone pair up, and make one person from each pair put on the blindfold.
- The other person must lead their teammate from one side of the open space to the other without stepping on the objects — using only the verbal instructions.
- The blindfolded person cannot speak at all.